Bobby Owsinski is a renowned Author, Producer, Teacher and Musician, who´s worked with legendary superstar acts including The Who, Willie Nelson, Neil Young, Iron Maiden, The Ramones, and Chicago among many others.
Bobby Owsinski started his career as a guitar and keyboard player, songwriter and arranger, eventually becoming an in-demand producer/engineer working not only with a variety of recording artists, but on commercials, television and motion pictures as well. Living in Los Angeles and always on the cusp of the latest technology, he was one of the first to delve into surround sound music mixing, co-founding the industry leader Surround Associates and eventually working on over a hundred surround projects and DVD productions for a variety of legendary superstar acts including The Who, Willie Nelson, Neil Young, Iron Maiden, The Ramones, and Chicago among many others.
Along the way he has taught various disciplines of audio recording and multimedia production at Berklee College of Music, Trebas Recording Institute, and Nova Institute, and has been a guest lecturer at numerous colleges and universities around the world. He has also authored several courses for Berklee as well as the Multimedia Production curriculum for Nova Institute, and a number of online video courses for Lynda.com. Bobby has become one of the best selling authors in the music recording industry with 23 books that are now staples in audio recording, music and music business programs in colleges around the world, including the best selling “Mixing Engineer’s Handbook” (now in its 3rd edition), “The Recording Engineer’s Handbook (2nd edition),” and “Music 3.0: A Survival Guide For Making Music In The Internet Age (2nd edition).”
He has also penned hundreds of audio-related articles for a variety of popular industry trade publications such as Surround Professional, EQ, Billboard, Film & Video, Hollywood Reporter, Pro Sound News, Mix, Grammy Magazine, Electronic Musician, Recording Engineer/ Producer and Music Executive Insider, among others. Bobby’s Big Picture music production blog at bobbyowsinski.blogspot.com/ is one of the most popular in the industry with over 2 million views, while his Music 3.0 music industry blog at music3point0.blogspot.com recently exceeded the million mark. He also is a contributor to Forbes, writing about the new music business. His website can be found at http://bobbyowsinski.com.
- From Pennsylvania
- Played keyboards and guitar, taught himself
- Playing at clubs 4 nights a week when he was 15
- Became a studio rat after years of being a musician, touring, playing at clubs, etc
- On tour bus, his bassist got a job writing for The Music Paper, and he thought “if he can do it so can I”
- He wrote for Mix Magazine, then all sorts of magazines, EQ, Grammy, Billboard, Hollywood Reporter
- 100 of interviews, magazine article and then wrote a book
- He knew the A-team, learning about mixing through them “Mixing Engineers Handbook,
- The book is used in colleges all over the world
- He only produces projects he really likes, otherwise writing, coaching and lecturing
- Self Promotion: “More conscious about how my name got out there, put it out there more, network better”
Have a newsletter!!!!
Get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/edrivethru
SONG OF THE SHOW
“The Innocent Fire” By In The Key of Earth