Want to know what it´s like to perform for the troops? Coreen Sheehan,lead singer of Whole Lotta Rosies (AC/DC female tribute band) tells us all about playing for the troops.
Coreen Sheehan is five-time nominee (and three-time winner) of LA’s Best Rock Vocalist Award, and nominated for the Grammy’s Music Educator Award in 2013. She is most known for touring and recording with artists such as: Whole Lotta Rosies, Richie Kotzen, Richie Zito, (Japan’s) Tyed Dyed Junkies and Bricks Dance Company and live performances include shows alongside the likes of David Lee Roth and The Foo Fighters. She served as music consultant for the series “You Rock” (VH1), where she prepared vocalists for performances with artists such as Rod Stewart and The Bare Naked Ladies. Coreen has written and recorded an instructional book with Hal Leonard Publications entitled “Rock Vocals”. Coreen teaches at Musicians Institute and received the Vocal Instructor of the Year Award (2008) for her work there.
During this chat with Coreen, we discuss being a musician and other topics like:
- Being mistaken as Billy Sheehan’s wife
- Coming from a musical family, family reunions two day jam sessions
- Sneaked out to perform with her bandv
- From Baltimore to LA
- Coming to LA was the biggest challenge
- Keith Wyatt’s advice on touring…be laid back….nothing will be according to schedule
- Tips for Vocalists and the pros of being a Vocal Teacher
- Heartbreaking moment playing for the troops
- Worst gig ever= Highway to Hell literally
- Music Bootcamp with Anika Paris, Artist Development Series
Coreen sings Whole Lotta Rosies by AC/DC
David Lee Roth
SONG OF THE SHOW
“Whole Lotta Rosie” by Whole Lotta Rosies (AC/DC Female Tribute Band) starring Coreen herself.