What does it take to make money from teaching guitar on Youtube? David Wallimann, most known for his youtube show, The Wallimann show, takes us on a youtube journey.
- From South France, moved to Colarado, USA , her his wife, lived there for 9 years
- Age 15, wanted to be a rocker, took up the guitar, taught neighbors
- Wasn´t focused on making a living teaching music, he fell into it
- Guitar Playback.com: started putting together a collection of tools for guitarists
- Happened while visiting Colorado, working in a call center, hated it, needed a way out
- Started a youtube channel afterwards, put together contests, contacted companies, offering promotion on channel in exchange for merchandise.
- Palmer contacted him to give away guitar pedals
- Started with a webcam, now has two camcorders, he uses Canon HD20
- OpenCart , Ecommerce website, planning a new playback.com handcoded with different apps
- Uses Final Cut Pro, drag and drop, software Neckdiagrams to get the diagrams
- Tags videos correctly, doesn´t spend too much time on it!
- Uploaded same video twice, just changed the picture, black vs. white shirt, the white shirt got more views!
Try to be yourself
Burnout- put the guitar down and take a few days off
Set yourself apart, we´re all unique! Don´t compare yourself to others
DAN RECOMMENDS FOR GUITARISTS:
TREAT: CREATIVE WHAMMY BAR...Dan and David talk about this video!
SONG OF THE SHOW
“Flex” by Public Alchemy (David Wallimann´s band)
The Walliman Show (Youtube)