One of the hardest thing for musicians is naming their band. Jamie Cunningham got a proof of law of attraction, because his band name came to him while hiking.
After graduating high school, Jamie Cunningham recorded an album entitled “The Early Life.” From there, he moved out to Los Angeles to study Guitar at Musician’s Institute. That´s where he formed The Fire and The Phoenix, which consists of Jamie on lead vocals and guitars, Evan Pitonzo on bass, KC Miller on drums, Alec Ogg on keys and Max Fitelson on guitar. They are currently putting finishing touches on their live album and DVD, “Ignite: The Show,” and are planning a college tour.
- From Syracuse, NY
- Band name came while hiking in Hollywood
- Tried other bands, but wanted to do his own thing
- Started out as a drummer, played “Back to Black “album , first song he played “Back in Black”
- Guitarist, because of his drumming, it helps his songwriting
- Got accepted to GIT (Guitar Program) at Musicians Institute in Hollywood, LA in 2012
- NACA Conference…went to the West Coast conference (Pair up with another band), got a gig from it!
BEST GIG: Their debut at Lillian Theatre
Booked a performing art theatre, decked it with memorabilia for their show, brought in a film/sound crew with live album and DVD, everyone would be in it “Ignite the Show”, booked the Lillian Theatre after seeing Russell Brand perform there. Did a Kickstarter, raising 3,050, booked the theatre professional film and sound crew. Unfortunately they recorded it on a stereo but they figured it out and saved the album
WORST GIG: Played at The Joint, tried to promote it well, but had a turnout of less than 10 people.
“Let the river flow and we´ll be the damn” ….
let the other band members do their thing and then you can comment on it
“Whatever you´re looking for is also looking for you” Dan Kimpel
Get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/edrivethru
SONG OF THE SHOW
“Celtic Rebel” by The Fire and the Phoenix
John Butler, Pete Townshend, John Rzeznik (Goo Goo Dolls)
“Ocean” By John Butler , song which made Jamie pick up the guitar
The Phoenix and the Fire