Marchan Noelle tells us about her journey from belting Chaka Khan in the car to playing at Hard Rock Cafe in Hollywood.
Marchan Noelle received her Associate of Arts Degree in Guitar Performance and Independent Artist the summer of 2013. Her next endeavor was enrolling in the Audio Engineering program at Musician’s Institute. 2014 includes performances at Hard Rock Cafe, House of Blues on The Sunset Strip and other LA hot spots. Weekends performing on the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica. She´s releasing her EP Dreaming Wide Awake later this year.
- Texas, California, Mexico, Arizona…gypsy lifestyle
- Her mom put her to sleep to smooth jazz, 60´s, 70´s rocknroll
- 10 years old, was really shy, belted out “Ain´t Nobody” by Chaka Khan in the car, her mom/sister surprised
- Her videographer suggested Musicians Institute, told her high school she was going to MI, put it out in paper
- San Francisco camping,
- She used to struggle with being on stage, she used open mics as practice
- Her mom videotapes her performances
Don´t rely on people to help you….figure it out yourself
“Be as good as you can be!”
“Trust your ability”
“You have something unique and special, trust it!”
Any opportunity that comes her way, she takes it
WORST GIG: Valentines Day at Hard Rock Cafe, the microphone stand fell, sound cut out twice
BEST GIG: East Valley High School, tight red dress, “Pitty the Fool” they went crazy, the microphone stand fell.
Solo during “Go Tell it on the Mountain” not everyone knew she could sing. The whole school was there.
Playing at bars where people don´t listen
GOOGLE (Open Mics)
MUST READ BOOKS
Sade, Bruno Mars and Ed Sheeran
SONG OF THE SHOW
“Dreaming Wide Awake” by Marchan Noelle