Doing impressions of Adam Sandler led Matt Blais to singing and playing guitar. Now he´s a touring musician.
A cutting edge artist, Matt Blais combines elements of fiery rock and roll with smooth vintage soul and a dash of the blues to form a sound so uniquely his own that one can’t help but become emotionally charged. The combination of a high energy live show and a passion for song writing is Blais’ formula for success. With constant performances and the release of his second full length album, The Heartbeat, and critical acclaim rolling in for this self-produced release, the coming year is going to be a busy and successful one.
- From Canada
- Rainbow Connection one of the first song he learned on guitar
- His dad was in a band, grew up on Elvis tapes and records
- Was into acting, used to practice impressions with his friend
- Adam Sandler impression made him pick up the guitar
- Got attention at school, asked to join bands but in the end made his own
- Got more phone calls, always on tour
- Sitting in art history class doing phone interview when he got an epiphany
- Wanted to become an English teacher
- Music scene in Canada
- MUSEXPO, got the gig through a radio station in Calgary
- Studio Tricks, bringing laptop with things that inspire you
Play thousands of shows, meet as many people as you can and try to please them as an audience
Get in a van and drive thousands of miles
WHAT DOESNT WORK
Taking any gig, choose your gigs wisely. They don´t appreciate it!
BEST GIG: Singing “Come Together” by the Beatles in a foreign country, uniting people and music
WORST GIG: Freezing, -24 F , instruments wouldnt stay in tune, fingers couldn´t move that fast, lips froze to microphone.
When you think that you´ve reached your goal, that can mean the death of your art
Bands inspire him to be better
Get to the next level
MUST READ BOOKS
Get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/edrivethru
SONG OF THE SHOW
“Running” by Matt Blais