What´s it like doing music to trailers? Ryan Andrews, Drummer and Composer, tells us all about scoring.
Ryan Andrews is a Los Angeles-based composer, producer, sound designer, and performer. His work has been featured in theatrical advertising campaigns for feature productions (such as Insidious Chapter 2), television promos, and video games. His work has also been performed by Grammy award-winning artists. He has had the privilege of working with a wide variety of acclaimed artists, from jazz legend Lyle Mays to Broadway star Lauren Kennedy to country phenom Frankie Ballard. Born in Chicago and raised in Michigan, Ryan received his Bachelors degree in jazz performance and Spanish from Western Michigan University and his Master´s in composition and production from the University of Miami. While in school, Ryan was the recipient of ten Downbeat Student Music Awards and was awarded the ASCAP Foundation Young Jazz Composer Award in 2012.
- Born in Chicago, moved to Kalamazoo, Michigan
- His dad played trompet and piano, marketing director of the Kalamazoo Symphony
- Utilizing University of Miami and Western Michigan
- jazz drums, jazz compositions, not another drumming degree
- May 1, choosing between going to school for science/math or music
- Veigar, Icelandic friend from University of Miami helped him along
- Something that makes your track unique
- New Godzilla movie trailer
- Works mostly with a music library or publishing company
- Logic, Cubase and Pro Tools sometimes
- Wished he would have played piano
Dream Big!!! Shoot for the greatest you can
Why not shoot and say i want to take over the world with my music. I wanna be a billionaire
Be willing to work
Choose your dreams wisely!
Reach out to your alumni at your school
Something that makes your track unique
Write as many solid tracks as possible, you never know what the music supervisor is looking for
BIGGEST CHALLENGE: Mastering music theory and harmony
Get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/edrivethru