While Michael Jackson was his biggest inspiration it wasn´t until “Money” by Pink Floyd played that he picked up the bass and started a band. Now he´s a bass player for rocknroll band KingQueen
Sal Ramazzini started a band with his long life friends Andre Gamez and Francisco Nanne at age 15, 2×1 witch, which became Republi-k. The band played all around Guatemala but after a trip to Mexico, they left Guatemala to go to L.A. Now he´s the bassist of the rocknroll band KINGQUEEN and is producing and recording an album with singer Daniel DeVorzon and drummer Francisco Nanne. Sal has performed all over LA, including venues such as The Viper Room, House of Blues, Whiskey A Go Go, The Beverly Hilton, Hemingways, Loaded and more.
- From Guatemala
- Anna and the Bells
- Michael Jackson biggest inspiration
- Age 13, his dad gave him “Dark Side of the Moon”,
- “Son you´re gonna listen to real music now”
- Wanted to study bass after hearing Pink Floyd´s “Money”
- Age 15 started his first band, stayed in and played
- Graduated high school, wanted to be a rocket scientist, went to engineering school, working as an engineer.
- Went to Mexico with his band Republi-k to play in front of 1800 people
- Saw KingQueen when he first moved to LA, a year he got in the band.
Key for success
Available and on time
Knowing your shit!
WHAT DOESNT WORK?
Drinking, partying too hard and drugs
BEST GIGS: House of Blues with Anna and the Bells as well as Republi-k gig at Whiskey A Go Go and playing the show in Mexico
WORST GIG: lost his 14 year old brother in the club, he was passed out inside of a piano case
Changing his lifestyle
Get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/edrivethru
Get your own legendary suitjama
SONG OF THE SHOW
“I Tried” by KingQueen