Did you know Barbie put Shana Halligan through college?
Shana Halligans is over Bitter:Sweet and on to Shana and the Hooligans.
Most well known as the lead singer/songwriter of the sophisticated pop group Bitter:Sweet, having been synched in more than 200 movies, television shows, and ad campaigns, (mostly fostered by Zync music) selling over 300,000 records,ShanaHalligan continues to write music that moves the public. In addition to her own bands, Shana has collaborated and toured with everyone from Thievery Corporation, Serj Tankian from System Of A Down, to Morgan Page, Eric Rosse (Sara Bareilles) Nouvelle Vague, Carmen Rizzo, Alex Cowan (Alice Russel , Let The Machine’s Do the Work) and many others. Now she has her own band called Shana and the Hooligans.
- Her parents are both musicians
- In and out of record deals since she was a kid
- Found musician off a craigslist
- Her dad pulled her into different session
- Barbie put her through college
- Starting writing at age 17-18
- Origin of names Bitter:Sweet and Hooligans
- Difference in the music industry today as to when her dad´s day
- Lived in London and Paris after Bitter:Sweet
- Missed having a partner
- Chuck Wild, hip hop background
Meet as many music supervisors as you can.
Have one person pitch you..otherwise it´s confusing
BEST GIG: Disney Hall ,string section from LA Phil harmonica, her dad played an intro
WORST GIG: Her top fell off onstage
BIGGEST CHALLENGE: Rebuilding after losing your voice in your community
I WISH I KNEW
Older people try to push you into unethical situation. Nobody warned her about young, excited kids.
Be True to yourself
Listen to as much music as possible and start writing
1-3 Things Every Musician should know or do!
1) Know Yourself
Get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/edrivethru
SONG OF THE SHOW
“Get Gone” by Shana and the Hooligans